restoring wellbeing through
Upcoming training events at Contact
Contact Training Days Venue: Contact HQ
Ground Floor, Lanyon Building, North Derby Street, Belfast, BT15 3HL
Training Days run promptly 9:30am–4:30pm with lunch provided
At Contact we provide outstanding regional services, built on our evidence based reputation for excellent client outcomes. We manage this standard every day with our simple, unrelenting focus on compassionate engagement. We value maturity, optimism, curiosity and a sense of humour at least as highly as the right qualifications and experience. Our training days programme reflects our commitment to clinical excellence, measured by client wellbeing and recovery, and we warmly invite you to join our learning community for the following key training days:
November Date TBC
Self–Harm & Suicide Risk Assessment Training Day
Trainers: Carrie Montgomery/Fergus Cumiskey
Delegate fee: £90.00
Contact’s self–harm and suicide prevention risk assessment training day provides essential CPD for counsellors and allied professionals drawing on specialised Lifeline crisis counselling and assessment practice, benchmarked against NICE and international best practice standards. We offer a dynamic experiential learning day led by our most experienced trainers, providing excellent follow up reading materials.
Most relevant for: Professionals providing therapy for children, adolescents and adults.
Conference Diary Date
Suicide Prevention, What Works? Conference
November 22nd 2012 Stormont Hotel Belfast
All booking enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have just confirmed our 2nd Suicide Prevention, What Works? one day conference, November 22nd at the Stormont hotel, Belfast.
This promises to be a useful in–service CPD/networking day for everyone interested in the safer places at times of crisis discourse, particularly mental health/primary health and social care clinicians, policy makers, emergency services, MLA’s and the research, education, community development and faith communities. We will also present the first Contact/Lifeline Awards.
Conference presenters include:
Suicide Prevention, What Works? Conference 9.30am – 4.30pm November 22nd Stormont Hotel, Belfast NI
• David Covington, National Chair of the US NSPL Lifeline, lead US strategy contributor on suicide risk assessment and prevention
• Professor Annette Beautrais (USA), World Health Organisation lead on international suicide prevention strategy results
• Professor Mike Tomlinson, Head of School, Social Policy and Social Work at Queen’s University Belfast Author ‘The Trouble with Suicide’
• Trisha Forbes, QUB presenting on Contact’s Atlantic Philanthropies funded study on youth suicide prevention
• Dr John Devaney, QUB & Dr Teresa Geraghty, NCB, presenting on early intervention Aggression Related Trauma research
Full programme to follow…early bird and group conference booking rates apply please see booking form. To book a place please complete and return booking form.